Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Elusive Coffee Artist Mira Chudasama

I was dinking around online today and came across an artist portfolio for Mira Chudasama at absoluteart.com. Following some of her links I found some comments by her and/or another I thought I’d share. I wish I could find more but some of her links are dead. I'll keep looking!

"My experiences with watercolor painting have been more excited. I have heard of using own hand made stone colors by artists. While going through international art techniques and exhibitions, I was really inspired from Thai’s coffee painting. It demands mainly your control and hand over watercolor paintings. It makes me trying and success was not so far ahead. I tried with ‘Coffee’ for my exhibitions where I presented more other 9 medium arts"

"No doubts, this medium’s touch is very challenging. You need patience and creative while making your art with ‘Coffee’ painting. It has more resilient than any other paint. You need to be cautious while using water to thin and proposing shades on paper or canvas. With my painting ‘Carving’, it was just like an examination of my line control skills while using ‘Coffee’ as medium. It has more sparkling and shining. It is quite successful using on ‘Canvas’ rather simple paper as it molds easily. However, Coffee’s mark effect on the paper and the flow of water mixed with coffee is amusing. Further it is good to see as your medium of painting what you use daily and which is near to you" Effects of Coffee Paintings Historical or old buildings, waterfalls, distant mountain, streets in one shade or anything which is kind of brown color can be made with coffee. Uniqueness achieved by coffee painting cannot be delivered by any other medium Other than Coffee Painting, I found ‘Ceramic’ as another good medium to paint with. That gives you emboss effect and you can further give 3D look to certain extend.

The only thing I really have to add to her observations is that coffee is particularly hard to maintain a solid straight line with. It is very cohesive with a tacky surface cohesion that allows it to break and land where it wants with a think application.

Mira's Art Links:
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/m/mirac
http://www.brainbubbles.biz
http://www.brainbubbles.biz/amifinearts/coffee.htm

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ezju,

Thanks for your remarkable observations. Kindly Visit www.artandpainting.net for my new art works.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home