Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Korean Broadcast Service KBS flew out from L.A. out to Wilmington, N.C. to interview coffee artist, Ryan L. Lewis

"Korean Broadcast Service KBS flew out from L.A. out to Wilmington, N.C. to interview coffee artist, Ryan L. Lewis for an upcoming documentary film and shoot his art. The doc film is based on addictions / effects of caffeine & alcohol, funded by KBS The Korean Broadcasting Service. A demo on HD camera of how the art is created & an in depth interview was done."

This is the kind of thing I’m talking about! How cool is it that coffee art is becoming so relevant that a film crew would fly across the country to interview an artist about it?!

The subject matter of the documentary includes caffeine as an addiction. I’ve always jested about “Caffeine My Drug of Choice” and even thought fleetingly about its social impact in this context but never on the level of this film. This is a film I would like to see.

Part of what my art is about is observations of culture through coffee. The first series takes a look at the American lifestyle that has grown up around coffee culture in the past 15 years. Part of the American lifestyle is excess, abuse and addiction. This is not something that I have considered for my series but I will have to seriously reconsider this topic.

Congratulations to Ryan Lewis on the interview and his success with coffee art! For more information on Ryan and his work please visit his Web site at http://www.thecoffeeartcorporation.com

Ezju
ezju@nosuchanimal.net

www.nosuchanimal.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home