Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Monday, January 01, 2007

First post of 2007 - BUT IS IT ART?

This quote appeared in the My Name is William Smythe blog - http://mynameiswilliamsmythe.blogspot.com/2007/01/first-post-of-2007.html

My wife and I visited the Museum of Modern Art while in New York City. One
night each week admission is free; Target Corp. foots the bill which is quite
generous since tickets normally cost 20 bucks. On “Free Friday Nights” thousands
of people flock to the MoMA to enjoy artistic masterpieces completely
gratis.

Sadly, the state of modern art is such that free is just about the right
price.

Artists continue to bamboozle the elite. Spill coffee on a canvass, put it
in a frame and tell Salon Magazine that it symbolizes modern womyn (sic)
breaking the yoke of male oppression and pensive leftists wearing black
turtlenecks and berets will beat a path to your door.

When I first read it I started to become agitated considering my coffee art connection! Then I read the entire blog entry from start to finish. Ironically enough the topic was about what passes for art these days which was the discussion that started my Coffee Culture series a brewing!

If you get a chance to read this blog please do. It is well written.

- Ezju

Edwad Patrick Kranz (Ezju)
Fine Artist - ezju@nosuchanimal.net
No Such Animal Studios

Ph'Kaki Media & Design Ph'Kaki Entertainment
Art Director/Co-Founder

Ph'Kaki Entertainment Ph'orum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home