Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Anything I Could Find From the Earth

I ran across an article about a Romanian artist Simona Carmen Panciu. It was about a recent show in oils but Simona does mention using coffee as pigment, at least in school.

Ms Panciu studied art in Iasi, Romania, first - where she said her art teacher encouraged her to paint using "anything I could find from the earth".

"My teacher, Mr Butnaru, taught me that colours are all around and he encouraged me to look around and use anything I could find - like tea or coffee to get burnt sienna tint, grass or leaves to get green."

Full Article

Of course I tried to Google Simona but found I couldn’t read Romanian so I’m not even sure if the are talking about the same woman. I do know from the article that she is a graphic designer, fine artist, fashion show coordinator and designer, and is a member of the World Art and Culture Exchange Association. She also took first place in the Woman’s Art Exhibition at the Bahrain National Museum back in 2000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home