Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Menu: Edible Elements of Art Piece Near Completion

The en caustic coffee Rosetta, “Rosetta A La Helen Sage,” is over half way done now! I should be able to finish it (or at least come close) this upcoming weekend (April 15- 16) baring any natural disasters!

This update shot has the first layer of coffee painted on the Rosetta defining the general shape and general tonal values. I am using the birch panel as a mid-tone. Since this shot I have added another layer of wax getting ready for the final layer of coffee. Once the final layer of coffee is sealed I will bring out some highlights and edge the cup with additional layers of un-pigmented wax.

Just a reminder that the opening night for Menu: Edible Elements of Art is May 11th, 2006 at the Kirkland Arts Center from 6pm 'till 9! I hope to see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home