Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The various hues of a woman


A small article I found in the Sakaal Times entitled The various hues of a woman. This article was written by Arwa Janjali and published on Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 AT 7:10 PM.

There was some mention of a Kolkata-based painter, Tamali Dasgupta , using coffee powder among other things as a medium.

"Dasgupta uses acrylic but for sketches and other small paintings on paper, she uses lipstick, coffee powder and cut pieces from photographs as her medium."


"My work depicts all the innovations taking place around me concerning women. Since, I am a modern woman myself, I can relate to them and this subject is always there in my subconscious mind. Also, I believe that all artists are lonely in some way and I consider myself lonely too. Hence, loneliness plays an important role in all my paintings," explains Dasgupta, whose main area of work revolves around myriad psychological aspects of modern feminine introspection.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

How sweet of you to mention my work on your blog! And in such glowing terms... I am honored!

Love your work!

Erica Chappuis

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home