Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Espresso Vivace History of Espresso Mural by Karen Eland

A few weeks ago I had the privilege of meeting coffee artist Karen Eland who was in Seattle installing a mural under the bar at the new Espresso Vivace at 227 Yale Ave. N. (Downtown Seattle in Alley 24 across from REI).

I haven’t had a chance to visit the new 2000 sq. ft. espresso bar to view her all espresso pigment painting of the history of espresso but I did run across this image on the Espresso Vivace Web site.

After viewing the image here I definitely want to make the time to go down and see her mural in person and sample some of their fine roast to boot!

It will be interesting to see how this pieces weathers over the years considering it’s proximity to the ground. I believe there is a Plexiglas covering which should help it survive.

As soon as I get down there I’ll post more images of her Mural at Espresso Vivace here.

To view other paintings in coffee by Karen Eland please visit her Web site www.coffee-art.com

Another cool installation at this café included a mosaic tile rendering of a caffe latte rosetta. Very beautiful. I can’t wait to visit this café because of the works described here and the fact that they plan another installation by Italian master Kurt Wenner that will be posted on their web site after the unveiling on April 18th. It is to be entitled "Vivi Vivace I Vizu e le Virtu" (Live intensely your vices and virtures).

Hey! They have free wireless too! Not to mention featuring a glassed-in meeting room that seats 15 and can be reserved for meetings at no charge. How can you beat that?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home