Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why Aren't We Swimming in Coffee?

Brian Vegter, the dog artist from Baker City, Oregon and he loves everything dog. If your a friend you would call him Bri. I came across Bri's “A Dog Painting A Day” Blog and subsequently his Website Dogs by Bri. His personal site is very cute and well designed for his art. The painting to the left, "Why Aren't We Swimming in Coffee?", was the first to catch my attention. Who wouldn't want to be swimming in coffee? It turned out that he had a previous painting called "Swimming in Coffee" displayed below!

Swimming In Coffee

Disgruntled with his work as a television cameraman in New York City Bri got his first big brake from a friend. How could you be unhappy with being a TV cameraman in NY city you ask? Well, let me ask you this: are you happy with the job you currently have? You went to school for it. Not quite getting the work you thought you would? Same goes for Bri. He was not getting the film work he was hoeing for. As for his friend? We could all use a friend or two like this. Bri started hanging small paintings in his friends upscale dog boutique, Doggy Style in NYC, Bri's work took off and his career changed. What lead him to paint dogs with coffee is a fun story he has posted on his Website.

". . . Fairmont used to stare longingly at the cappuccinos that I made every morning, so that's what the painting was about. I even used real espresso to tint the canvas. For months the picture had the beautiful smell of coffee drifting from it."
Who hasn't had that special pet who inspired greatness . . . even if was just in catching Frisbees! I miss Nikita! My German Shepard. There are no paintings of her let alone coffee paintings . . . hmmm . . . maybe some day.

Fox and the Coffee Hound


Bri considers his images to be environmental portraits attempting to capture the spirit of the dogs.
"What are they passionate about? Are they ball crazy? A little thief? Or addicted to coffee."
I found Bri's work to be fun and whimsical. Very much an enjoyable addition to the Coffee Talk blog. Thank you Bri!

For more information on Bri and his work you can find him on Animal Planet's "K9 Karma," The Bark Magazine and featured in Oregon Home: the Art of the Canine.



Contact Bri by e-mail: dogbri@q.com

Links about bri and his work:

Dogs by Bri: http://www.dogsbybri.com
A Dog Painting A Day Blog:
http://dogsbybri.blogspot.com/

Oregon Home: the Art of the Canine feature article: http://www.oregonhomemagazine.com/articles/portfolio/the-art-of-the-canine.html

Dusty Dog Studio (2339 Auburn Ave.) in Baker City, Ore.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Lady Roach said:

how cute...

2:35 AM  
Blogger Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks for the great plug. I'll add you to my links.

Bri-

p.s. When I read your blog address I thought it was for Uncommon Ground Coffee House in Chicago. It's where I met my wife. Here's their website.
http://www.uncommonground.com/

10:12 PM  
Blogger Dogs by Bri said...

Thanks for the plug. When I came across your blog I thought it was going to be for the Uncommon Ground Coffee House in Chicago. A place I spent a lot of time in when I lived there. I'll link to your site from the blog. Love that Coffee Art.

Bri-

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home