Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

MLK In You Coffee?



Javaman, who sells his coffee paintins on Etsy, might not put MLK in his coffee but he did paint Martin Luther King Jr. using coffee as a medium.He entitled the painting aptly . . . "Dr.King."

I discovered a small brag no a Blog called CrochetCastle Memoirs of a Crochet Diva
. She considered her post ". . . a shameless promotion . . ." but I hardly consider promoting those you love and believe in a shameless act. My hat is off to this Crochet Diva!

Dr. King is 16x20 coffee painting on canvas and was inspired by the famous"I have a dream" speech given by Dr. King.

"There is not much more to say about this painting other than it is really nice to look at in person and the photos do not do it justice."


Rob West, Javaman, is a 35 year old coffee painter who loves coffee so much that he has decided to begin a line of coffee art. His goal is to move on creating art on a serious level.

"I like to also use ink to paint with in my coffee paintings. As of right now my main focus is painting people."


Much as I had discovered with my own coffee paintings at No Such Animal Studios, Mr. West has sealed his painting with acrylic. I've found that Damar varnish has a better effect as it is not as porous but the necessity for sealing against mold and reconstitution by humidity is a must!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thank u very much mr. edward kranz for including and my works in ur blogsite!!! i am honored and truly grateful!!!

for anything u may email me at sunshine.plata@gmail.com

believe it or not!!!
-sunshine plata
(coffee painter)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ezju said...

Any time . . . keep up the good work!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home