Coffee Talk

Writings by Edward Patrick Kranz (Ezju) about fine art created with coffee. You will find detailed information on Ezju’s works created at No Such Animal Studios and information about other artists who use coffee as a medium.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States

I'll have to think about this one a minute or two. Check back.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Seattle's Coffee Artist - Ezju Live with Kathy Goertzen

Right after John Sharify of KOMO 4 News ran his feature on Seattle's Coffee Artist entitled "Only in Seattle: Artist Paints with Coffee" Ezju appeared live, interviewed by the Emerald City's Kathy Goertzen!



Kathy Goertzen was very kind and fun, she even had on leather pants! Not what I was expecting at all. She made me feel right at home even though I was terrified. What if I said the wrong thing or froze? It all come off very well I think!



KOMO 4 Evening News. 30 Nov. 2004. ABC. , Seattle. 30 Nov. 2004.

During the John Sharify feature I was filmed painting a piece called The Morning News. Kathy Goertzen gave me the opportunity to show off the finished work live! She asked how I got started painting with coffee and followed up to the new work.



On a side note, right behind me waiting in line for his chance on TV was the Republican candidate for the then (and oddly enough this years) race for the Washington state governors office. He came on some time after me and the whales in Puget Sound!

For those who don't know, Ezju is a Seattle based artist who uses coffee not just as a subject matter but also as an artistic medium. His work centers around coffee culture and the coffee industry with a strong emphasis on the commodities effect on world cultures and vise versa. Ezju is also the lead graphic designer and art director at Ph'Kaki Media & Design.

You can view Ezju's coffee paintings at www.nosuchanimal.net

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

I think the book idea is superb.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home